About Tasha Locke & Arpeggio Music School
Tasha Locke is an accomplished musician and active piano teacher in Alexandria, Virginia with over ten years of teaching and performance experience. Tasha has a natural passion for teaching music to young beginners and knows the value of introducing children to music early in order to foster skills that will help them succeed in all walks of life.
In addition to holding yearly composition workshops, Tasha encourages her private students to explore a wide variety of musical styles and interests through a well-rounded curriculum that extends beyond the piano bench.
Since beginning her teaching career, Tasha's students have excelled in numerous statewide performance and music theory evaluations including the rigorous MTAC Certificate of Merit Program.
Tasha is currently completing her thesis for the Master of Arts degree in Musicology from the Bob Cole Conservatory of Music at California State University Long Beach. She holds a Bachelor of Music degree from the University of California, Irvine in Piano Performance and an Associate of Arts degree in Music with an emphasis in classical saxophone from Long Beach City College.
Qualifications & Experience
- +10 years private teaching experience
- 2017-2018: Board Member & Sonata Festival Chair for Northern Virginia Music Teachers Association
- Licensed provider of KiddyKeys preschool music classes and WunderKeys preschool private piano lessons
- Member of Music Teachers National Association and Virginia Music Teachers Association
- 2015-2016: Second Vice President, Music Teachers Association of California; Long Beach, CA
- Masters of Arts, Musicology; Bob Cole Conservatory of Music, California State University Long Beach (in progress)
- Bachelor of Music, Piano Performance; Claire Trevor School of the Arts, University of California, Irvine
- Associate of Arts; Long Beach City College
- Teaching and lecture experience in Music Theory and Aural Skills
- Historical performance experience (Continuo Harpsichordist); CSU Long Beach
- Experienced collaborative pianist
- Education in early child development
- Extensive performance experience